Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a LG Plasma TV model 50PG30F that a 6" solid black

Customer Question

I have a LG Plasma TV model 50PG30F that a 6" solid black vertical line has come on the left side of the screen
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, You can't find a T-Con board on this TV because it's a Plasma- not an LCD. Plasma sets don't use timing control boards- the closest they have is a logic board. However a thick black line on the screen of this TV would not be caused by a timing controller, or a logic board. It's either a bad Y sustain board (and the associated drivers), or the Plasma display panel itself has failed. Have you checked the heatsinks on both sustain boards to make sure they are all getting warm- and are not ice cold or scorching hot to the touch?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Any obviously cold or hotter than other- heatsinks are tell tale signs that particular sustain board is at fault. Otherwise this is a hard problem to narrow down with any certainty beyond the black strip typically being caused by a Y sus failing. The voltages on the power board will all be in spec if you're getting any sort of image at all. The solution here would be to replace the Y Sustain board and drivers, which can be purchased at the link below for your set:

http://www.shopjimmy.com/lg/50pg30f-ua

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click the 5 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?
If not, could you please click the 5 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts? It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm not satisfied with the reply. I would like a full refund, and my membership cancelled.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

I have nothing to do with billing, account info, subscriptions, etc. I am an independent tech- not a site employee. Additionally, you're not being satisfied, doesn't change the answer. You would need to handle your own account issues through customer service via the home page- not by replying to the techs here trying to help you. I have opted out and am no longer involved in the dialogue.