Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Why does View Sonic 2750 turn on and off by itself?

Customer Question

why does View Sonic 2750 turn on and off by itself?
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello and sorry you're having problems. I may be able to help but I need to ask for more info.

1) How long have you owned this monitor for and when did the problem occur?

2) Please elaborate what you mean by "200 volts or 79 volts in the two states"- where are you measuring this voltage? What "two states"?

3) Does the set physically turn itself back "ON" after shutting off?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1. About 9 years.
2. Voltage on the high side of the power supply.
Evidently 79 volts is standby state and 200 is viewing state.
3. On is screen powered for viewing, off is standby. Yes it will return spontaneously.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the reply. This issue is caused by a failing processor in the Mainboard- which is the only component in the TV that can actually turn the set back "ON". There are multiple culprits for the set shutting off- but since it turns back on as well- then we know we have a Mainboard issue. The solution is to replace the Mainboard in the set- since it's the processor, or "brains" of the TV. The Mainboard for your set can be purchased at the link below:

http://www.tvpartsguy.com/viewsonic-n2750w-main-board-jc278a61u-2202517300-6201-7027146301/?gclid=Cj0KEQjwnrexBRDNmZzNkf7c4c4BEiQALnlxhRr_olceEwcDzFir0hmQTSZpHeL6qIjlqCF-dBEGkI8aAuKi8P8HAQ

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click the 5 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

If not, could you please click the 5 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts? It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.