Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

I have a Mitsubishi 60 inch projection TV it made a loud pop

Customer Question

I have a Mitsubishi 60 inch projection TV it made a loud pop then went blank . on the front there is a red light on that says lamp if I have a lamp problem why come i have no audio.
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Welcome! Coming here is the best choice because calling a repair shop costs more money and time than you might think. We are now connected together on this convenient website. I am an experienced electronics field technician and your satisfaction is my top priority.

Yep, that would be the lamp popping. The tv knows when the lamp is out and prevents the tv from running (including no sound). All you need to do is replace the lamp and you will be good. Just be sure not to buy from Amazon or eBay. Here is one trusted seller:

CLICK HERE FOR LAMP

I am here to help you. Please reply back if you need clarification on any of the above, or even if you just want to say "thank you" :-)

In keeping with the design of this website, please be sure to click the 5 STARS or SMILEYS rating now. Doing so does NOT close the question or prevent us from continuing our conversation here. My livelihood truly does depend on your positive rating. Clicking the "bad/poor" rating does NOT do anything to fix your issue, nor does it issue you a refund.

Thank you,

Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Lamp installation instructions on page 75 of user manual:

CLICK HERE FOR USER MANUAL

Don't leave without clicking the 5 STARS or SMILEYS

Thanks