Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a Samsung UN55D6000sfxza the stand-by light flashes.

Customer Question

I have a Samsung UN55D6000sfxza the stand-by light flashes. I have had the power board checked out. The main board has been replaced. what do I check next?
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'm Shahid and will be happy to assist you.

- Can you unplug ribbon cable from main board that goes to t-con board located at center bottom of rear of display panel and turn On TV, does power light still blink?

These info will help to troubleshoot the problem.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have already done that and the light continues to flash
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK, next step is to unplug connector at power board that goes inside panel for backlight volts and check if TV stays On?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The light continues to flash
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

This is odd, where did you get the replacement main board from and was it identical/ same version as of old main board?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The stand-by light is now out
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The Stand-by light went out for a few minutes but came back on. As for the main board I got it on ebay and was told that it was good
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was the identical board
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you still there?
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hi, sorry about delayed reply, I was away from computer.

Working on it and get back to you in 5 minutes.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Please unplug TV power cord from wall for 10 minutes, leave the connector unplugged that goes inside panel from power board, replug TV power cord in and press power button.

Does power light stay On or start blinking as soon as press power button?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I Have unplugged the power. and now waiting
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** back with the result.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The initial problem that started, I was watching the TV and lost video but maintain audio. After turn the set off and back on the stand-by light started flashing and would not allow the TV to turn on .
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the info, does screen glow/ backlight lit for a second when turn On the TV?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have plug the TV back in and the power light continues to flash
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is no back light
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK, does the power light start flashing when replug power cord or when press power button on TV?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Stars flashing as soon as plugged in
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK, there would be function control button board located on bottom of bezel, that board has power, Ch and Vol buttons and a harness from function board goes to main board, please unplug that harness connector from main board and replug TV power cord in. Power light and remote will not work doing so.

Does backlight turn On and screen lights up?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is no back light, after unplugging the harness
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is getting late so I will have to end this session
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK, it seems main board internal issue as nothing have found outside affecting its performance, we have tried few things to disconnect that might change the symptoms but didn't work so it seems main board internal issue, please contact the supplier, return this main board and ask for different main board to see if it helps.

I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.

Thanks.