Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

The red light on my TC-P55VT30 set just flashes when I turn

Customer Question

The red light on my TC-P55VT30 set just flashes when I turn the set on. I have disconnected power and pressed and held the power button on the set. Reconnecting to power the light still flashes and no picture. If I try to turn power off using handheld, no response.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Welcome

I just need some additional information thank you

Is the power-light blinking red and pausing like 3 blinks pause 3 blinks?if so could you please tell me how many blinks there are between pauses thank you

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
7 blinks

OK 7 blinks usually means the scan boards have failed however on some occasions this can be spurious, a reboot of the set is needed to eliminate this angle, so please switch the set off at wall-power take all the inputs out of the back of the set, whilst the set is OFF hold down the on/off switch on the set for 20 seconds, wait 5 mins then switch the set back on with no inputs connected , does the set start up or do you still have 7 blinks?if you still have 7 blinks please let me know

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still blinking 7 times

Sorry that did not work we have had some with corrupt software.

OK you are now looking at a problem with the scan boards checks with a voltmeter would be needed to confirm that if you think you can do work yourself I will be happy to help, so as an overview its checks with a meter a decision made as to what boards are bad the boards ordered and fitted in the set, let me know.

If you are not comfortable with that you will need a tech www.tvrepairpros.com will locate atech in your area

Let me know if you need more info/help

Please consider rating the answer positively thank you there will be a rating band with this post, rating me positively enables me to receive credit from the site, thank you, ***** ***** will remain open and stay open as long as you need it, if you have any concerns please don't rate instead just let me know and I will answer any queries you have

Many Thanks

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Getting a new set

In many respects that may be a good option, plasma is not produced anymore and is considered "older" technology now

Let me know if I can do anything else thank you

Anthony

Hopefully my input was good enough to make you at least reach that decision ifyou change your mind or want more help just let me know, just as a reminder I do not receive any credit from the site until you rate the answer positively thank you there will be a rating band of smileys or stars with this post please just fill that in hopefully with 5 stars /smileys thanks again

Regards

Anthony