TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

Unwanted powering off I have my User Manual and the

Customer Question
unwanted powering off...
unwanted powering off I have my User Manual and the troubleshooting page says to check if "sleep timer" has been enabled. Where do I locate this function on t.v.?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/24/2015
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 2 years ago
Aric, Technician

Hello and sorry you're having problems. In order to determine what's causing this- I need more info from you.

1) What exactly is the TV doing or not doing?

2) What is the full mode number off the back of the Samsung?

3) How long have you owned the set for please?

Do you need assistance with this?

T.v. powers off on it's own.2)UN40F5500AF 2 years
I have Directv. How do I work with just the Samsung tv remote without using the Directv remote to undertake a solution to the problem which you are assisting me with?

The TV powering off on it's own does not have anything to do with Sleep Timer, unless you're seeing a sleep countdown message before it happens. When did the TV start doing this?

About a week ago and it seems to occur in the evening hours. I have had the t.v. set on for 8 hours today and it hasn't powered off ... but this evening it will continue to do this over and over again

Does the TV show a countdown before it shuts off?

No. It just goes to a black screen and then turns off

Okay, this is an intermittent fault in the TV in most cases. Please go into the TV's MENU and find the option to reset to factory defaults and click OK. If you can't find this option let me know.

But how do I work with just the t.v. remote without using the Directv remote?

The DirecTv remote has nothing to do with the TV settings- just grab the Samsung remote and go through the MENU to reset the TV. Not sure where you're having problems with the Samsung remote?

Ok. I'll try this. I need to go to another room. Thank you for your patience with my inept tech capabilities!

Okay let me know what happens.

I think I've really messed up. Help. Call me please!
Well. I see that you cannot call me. I can't find the option to reset factory defaults.
I HAVE FIXED THE PROBLEM!!!!!
Louie, Technician