Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

Just bought Insignia T.V last night......it smelled of

Customer Question

Just bought Insignia T.V last night......it smelled of burning wires before I even turned it on. Still smells today ? Day after I bought it ? Is this o.k ? Usually means T.v is about to go out ? But 2 days old ?? Thanks for any info u shoot my way !
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Welcome! Coming here is the best choice because calling a repair shop costs more money and time than you might think. We are now connected together on this convenient website. I am an experienced electronics field technician and your satisfaction is my top priority.

I strongly suggest you unplug the tv POWER cord, box up the tv and return/exchange it with the store where you got it. IF you have issues with the store then you will need to contact Insignia(###) ###-####to open a warranty repair service call.

I am here to help you. Please reply back if you need clarification on any of the above, or even if you just want to say "thank you" :-)

In keeping with the design of this website, please be sure to click the 5 STARS or SMILEYS rating now. Doing so does NOT close the question or prevent us from continuing our conversation here. My livelihood truly does depend on your positive rating.

I understand news of a failure is upsetting but clicking the "bad/poor" rating does NOT do anything to fix your issue, nor does it issue you a refund.

Thank you,