Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a Panasonic TCP45x% and I unplugged it now it will

Customer Question

I have a Panasonic TCP45x% and I unplugged it now it will not come back on
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello and sorry you're having problems. Are there currently any signs of life on the TV at all (power light lit or blinking, click sounds when power is pressed, etc.)?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Are you still with me here?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

We often see these sets develop faults after a few years, and in most cases it requires replacement of a component (the Power Supply Board being the most common).

However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up. Try this procedure up to 3 times if subsequent tries do not work. Let me know what happens please.