Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

I have a 46 inch Sony Bravia TV around 6 or 7 years old. i

Customer Question

I have a 46 inch Sony Bravia TV around 6 or 7 years old. i Started getting 2 black squares on top of the screen. Now the total screen has long squares throughout the screen you can still see the images on the screen but looks lousy with all the long squared patterns throughout the screen. went on internet to find suspects. Some of the answers were that i have to replace the T control PWB. Do you have any other solutions
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Welcome

The Closed Caption is enabled, please pick up the TV remote and look for CC/subtitle/text and press these buttons to extinguish the closed captions let me know if you have any issues

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The same problem. I don't have a cable box or satellite connected to TV . using only dvd function.

It really does sound like closed caption enabled, is there a closed caption button on the dvd remote?

Its being generated from somewhere

Let me know

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
still the same. Has squares the same color as the images on screen.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I went on the internet and you told another person who was having a similar problem that he needed a software update.

Can you take a photo of this and upload to me here?you use the paperclip on your toolbar

No it does not sound at all like software/firmware

Anthony

Also what may be helpful is if you can provide a link to the question I answered previously?

Let me know if you still require help please?

Anthony