TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I submitted a tv problem and pd $57. - 15%discount and gave

Customer Question
email addr and phone and...
I submitted a tv problem and pd $57. - 15%discount and gave email addr and phone and have not received an answer.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
10/20/2015
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 2 years ago
Nathan, Installer

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

There are no questions showing here under your account, other than this one. It is possible you missed a step in the process and it wasn't submitted. Can you please start from the beginning and tell me the specific problem you're having?

A white line appeared of the top of the picture screen going from left yo right and next day there were two lines always stopping in the middle when going across the top. the lines are about one third down the screen now. You can see the picture somewhat thru the lines but is annoying and someday will cover the whole screen. Its like looking thru venetian blinds.

What is the full model number of the tv?

Does it happen with all inputs/sources (cable/satellite, dvd, apps, etc)?
If you bring up the tvs own on screen setup menu, does that appear behind the lines (obstructed by them) or does it float in front of the lines?

Model no. MW24F12 SerialBAB361021330a Digital Theater System
I cant remember if its there with the menu - - I dont think so. I use another TV now but if its fixable I will put in the 2nd bedroom or find some one to give it to.

Thank you for confirming.

I did not realize initially that you had a CRT (tube based) tv, as I didn't have the model.

This changes the situation, and makes repairs unfeasible. With a newer tv it could have been a simple board.

You have a 10 year old crt tv that is obsolete technology at this point - there are no parts readily available and most shops won't even work on them any longer.

Even with availability of both, it is not practical to repair, as you'd spend several hundred $ to have it fixed, while you could buy a brand new LED tv of this size witha fresh warranty for about $150.

For occasional use in a guest room, it may be fine as-is, but I would not invest further in repairing it.

Depending how you’d like to proceed here, I can help with finding parts, finding a repair shop, or recommending replacement options. Just let me know.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,

(Note: I see nothing about a $57 charge, from what I can tell your agreed upon amount for this question was only $28)

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please do remember to rate my service prior to logging off, hopefully I have earned an “excellent”. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1gHgj1k

Thank you, ***** ***** a good day,

Nathan, Installer