Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

I have a Bose Lifestyle 28 which connects my Comcast box to

Customer Question

I have a Bose Lifestyle 28 which connects my Comcast box to my Hitachi TV...everything has worked fine until Comcast guided me to change the 11 year old cable box for the new Xfinity box...I have great video but no audio
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Can you tell me what specific connections are being used here between each device (what cords, which ports they are plugged into, etc)?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There are five cables connected between the Bose and the Comcast box...Two wires from/to audio jacks...then three wires to the video jacks...Pb, Pr, and the top video jack
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

And you have the same set of red/green/blue out from the bose to the tv then?

Were these same connections used before, or was it a different arrangement with the old box?

Initially, can you please double check that the red/white used on the bose are on the proper input set grouped with the video inputs, and not accidentally set to the aux input ports for example?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
wires between Bose and TV were not disturbed...no Bose wires were disturbed...Bose has blue, green and red from video and I landed the same on the blue, green,red on the comcast video...white and black wires are on Bose audio and same on Comcast box audio
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

OKay, so that means this will be an issue with the box itself.
Can you try going into the box setup menu and look for the audio options. We want to set the audio output format to pcm/stereo.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You mean the Comcast box, true?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm there
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What should I do?
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Yes, I mean on the comcast box.

Sorry, please reply just once, when you send multiple they get pushed down the queue and I don't get them.

Go into the comcast menu, look through audio settings and you should see something for audio format or encoding, and choose pcm or stereo (not dolby/digital)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Changed the setting to stereo...stll no audio
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Reboot the box by unplugging power to it for 60+ seconds, please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Rebooting
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Thanks.

If still no change, we may have to use some different connections instead.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still no audio...
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

What is the model of your tv?
If you (temporarily) hook the red/white from the box up to the tv directly (put it in the same place where the bose video feed is coming from) do you get sound through the tv speakers?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
TV too big to connect...but, speaker audio works with AM/FM function
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for trying
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

am/fm is an entirely separate function and built into the bose so that doesn't make a difference here, from a diagnostic perspective.

Are you sure you gave me the right bose model number? Because the 28 doesn't even have component video. That is a very old model and would have at best component video (red/white/yellow), so you may just have it hooked up wrong. You'd need yellow to yellow in on the bose and red/white to the red/white. You wouldn't use the black one at all.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please do remember to rate my service prior to logging off, hopefully I have earned an “excellent”. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1gHgj1k

Thank you, ***** ***** a good day,

I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in a good faith effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. I am only paid for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. Again I apologize there is not a better outcome here, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a positive rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately.