Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

I have a Westinghouse 32s5kw got from my sister with a dead

Customer Question

I have a Westinghouse 32s5kw got from my sister with a dead main board. I replaced the board and tv works but image is negative. If you bring up the menu the image behind the menu becomes perfect. As soon as the menu is gone image goes back negative. I have tried 3 brand new boards. Same result
Category: TV
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tv model is ew32s5kw
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

Are all input types affected in the same way? (e.g. DVD player, cable TV, games console, etc)

If so, then there may be a fault with the LVDS cable or possibly the T-Con board, which is located at the top center of the TV and may be covered with a metal shield.
The thin ribbon cable coming off that board is the LVDS cable. Start by disconnecting the cable and using some contact cleaner on all pins in the connectors, male and female. You can get contact cleaner at any local hardware store. Then reconnect the cable, making sure it's secure.
If that doesn't fix it, replace the LVDS cable. These are available from encompassparts.com, searspartsdirect.com, and partstore.com.
If the cleaner and the new LVDS cable don't help, you will need to replace the T-con board.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it's the same with all inputs. Tconn is integrated into the main board. I'll try another set of cables.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Ok, let me know how it goes with the new cables.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As soon as i receive the new cables and try them I'll rate the conversation. Just kinda wish the answer wasn't a copy paste. I read that same exact response on another answer.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

This is a common enough problem - you would be surprised how many times I see this problem appear on the same or similar model TVs, so the answer is always the same. However I do not copy and paste - I tailor each answer, although they may look similar as the basic information is always the same.

You can ignore any automated requests to rate me until you get the replacement cable.

Best,

Pete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you sir, I do appreciate your time! And I can get pics of exactly what it's doing.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Just reply back any time and let me know if you need any additional info.

Pete.