TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I have a DVD /VCR I cannot get a picture from the VCR the

Customer Question
DVD is fine good sound...
I have a DVD /VCR I cannot get a picture from the VCR the DVD is fine good sound and picture the VCR only sound. I am trying to connect to a RCA TV attached to satellite box HELP
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
10/16/2015
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 2 years ago
Aric, Technician

Hello, Are you using the Red,White and Yellow "DVD/VCR" Outs on the Toshiba? Or are you using the Red,Blue,Green "Component" Outs on the player to connect to the TV?

Please reply back when you are able to see my reply. Thanks.

I don't use the phone call feature, the site is sending you that request. Please simply reply back here.

I have tried both the red and the white also the blue green and red if I remove the green thereis no signal from the tv

Okay you're using the wrong jacks to get the VCR portion to play through the TV.

You need to use specifically the ones that are labeled:

"DVD/VCR OUT"

They are YELLOW, RED AND WHITE.

If you are still stuck, then reply back with the model number off of the back of the TV and I can help further.

Only the DVD will play using the Red,Green and Blue jacks- they are only designed for the DVD.

The Yellow "Video Out" is for the VCR AND DVD to playback from. The VCR cannot play using the Red,Green and Yellow.

Match the Yellow, Red and White to the same colored jacks on your TV and then select "Video" on the TV instead of "Component".

Again not all TV's have the yellow jack, so if you don't see it, then I will need the model number off of the back of your TV to tell you what to do next.

I tried the red white and yellow to the dvd vcr then red white and yellow to the satellite box starting with the tv then the dvd then the satellite box there is no place tor the rca video cable on the tv I tried plugging into the digital audio out but nothing happens

I NEED the model number off of the back of the TV.

The ONLY way to get the VCR to play on the TV is connecting a Yellow directly to the TV- there's no way around that, so to get you a solution I need the model number of your TV. It's located on a sticker on the back.

do I put the red yellow and white into the blue green and red because this tv does bot have red white and yellow there is a red and white

I'm asking a 3rd time- WHAT is the MODEL Number off of the back of the TV?

tv RCA # *****

Thank you- looking that one up right now. Will be right back.

The side of your TV (not the back) has the Yellow jack. Can you see it?

that is ok I can type even though I am slow I sent you the model # ***** will send it again LED32830RQD

Thank you. The SIDE of your TV has the Yellow jack. Please look for it.

Facing the back of the set- the yellow, red and white will be on the right hand side. You have to look at the TV from the side to see them. Do you see them?

on the side there is an orange jack is that used as the yellow

No, click on the link below and scroll to page 16. That is the manual for your TV. Are you saying you don't have a YELLOW ***** *****ke the picture?

http://download.oncorpus.com/UM%20LED32B30RQD%20(2012).pdf

Are you still with me here?

the side is similar but not he same starting from the top there is a port for head phone , then a usb port then a port for hdm2 then a port for hdm1 which is what is used by the dish service then there is a composite/y-pb pr with the green red and blue ports then there is a red and white audio then antenna for the cable, the one orange port digital audio I keep writing port what I mean is jack

Plug the yellow cable into the "Green" jack and then the red and whites into the red and white on the TV.

Connect the other ends of those cables to the DVD/VCR Audio Out, and Video Out.

Then use the "Video" or "Composite" Input setting on the TV and please let me know what happens.

Do you need further assistance with this?

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click the 5 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.

the sound is perfect there is still no picture the dvd is ok the video is running on the component I cannot set for video when i go to the menu I cannot enter video I cannot highlight it it just jumps over video and over initial setup i tried feset all but htat did not help
Aric, Technician