Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

My tv screen is changing colors and the remote won't do

Customer Question

my tv screen is changing colors and the remote won't do anything
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'm Shahid and will be happy to assist you.

- Can you please get me the model number written on back of TV?

- Do you use any universal remote to control this TV?

These info will help to troubleshoot the problem.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I believe it is sceptre e555bv-fmqr. I use a universal remote at times but was using the actual tv remote to turn down the volume when the problem started
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the info.

This kind of problem occurs due to corrupted TV firmware and usually EEPROM (memory) chip failure cause it, memory chip is mounted on main board but ins't available as separate part thus entire main board replacement is only option here which will help to resolve the issue. Please check following ebay link to get required main board..

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2047675.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xsceptre+e555bv-fmqr+main+board.TRS0&_nkw=sceptre+e555bv-fmqr+main+board&_sacat=0

If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.