Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

I have a Visio model S3820W-C0 sound bar and yesterday it

Customer Question

I have a Visio model S3820W-C0 sound bar and yesterday it all of a sudden stopped working. I have turned it off and up plugged it, then hooked it back up and still does not work.
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Do you see any lights or other indicators from it (beeps, clicks, etc)?
Will it respond in any way to the remote or the onboard buttons?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for confirming.

Unfortunately, the issues you are experiencing are symptomatic of an internal hardware defect, meaning a faulty power supply or control board.

This issue could be a manufacturing defect, but is also often caused by a power event (shock/surge, prolonged over/under voltage condition, etc).

There is one step you can take here, both as a possible fix, as well as a diagnostic evaluation
1) Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet

2) Wait at least 1 hour (60+ Minutes)

3) Press and hold the power button (on the set, not the remote) for 60 seconds
4) Keep holding power button while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after. When plugging back in, go directly to the wall outlet, bypassing any power strips or surge protectors.

If this reset process does not work, it would unfortunately confirm an internal hardware failure.

This is something that would require repairs to correct. As this is a 2015 model, you would luckily still be covered by the vizio factory warranty, and the next step would be to call(###) ###-####to file a replacement claim.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please do remember to rate my service prior to logging off, hopefully I have earned an “excellent”. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1gHgj1k

Thank you, ***** ***** a good day,