Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I'm having trouble switching from tv to imput one. Can you

Customer Question

I'm having trouble switching from tv to imput one for recording. Can you help me.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 2 years ago.

Hello

Welcome

Have you rebooted the unit?unplugged from wallpower waited 5 mins then replugged back in again?if not please do that

Thanks let me know

Anthony

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
we have done these things but there was no response.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Do you have any other ideas?
Expert:  Louie replied 2 years ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, any (error) message displayed on the unit whenever its original remote control is used (buttons pressed) ?

And please re-try pressing the DMR-EZ485 remote control's INPUT SELECT button. Determine if the Input Select option/window would show up.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It still dose not work
Expert:  Louie replied 2 years ago.

I understand and thanks for the post back.

But did the "... Input Select option/window..." at least showed up?

Also, "...any (error) message displayed on the unit whenever its original remote control is used (buttons pressed) ?..."

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry I cant help you if you con't help me
Expert:  Louie replied 2 years ago.

Did the "... Input Select option/window..." at least showed up?

Could you try/test the original remote control?

...There is a partial test to confirm if the remote is working or not. With fresh batteries correctly installed, point the remote towards the lens of an active digital camera. For every press of any/all button(s) on the remote particularly the INPUT SELECT button, there should be a bright pulsating light that would register on the LCD screen of the camera.

No light, no infrared transmission from the remote; remote most likely faulty.

On the otherhand, if the remote is good, then consider a possible IR sensor hardware concern in the unit itself or a compatibility issue.

Please post back results of camera test.