TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I have a Samsung 6350 50 inch Def TV that I cannot get the

Customer Question
I have a Samsung 6350...
I have a Samsung 6350 50 inch Hi Def TV that I cannot get the picture mode to work correctly while watching sports it cuts off the sides
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/14/2015
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 2 years ago
Aric, Technician

Hello and sorry you're having problems.

First, reboot the Cable/SAT box by disconnecting it from power for 10 seconds and plugging it back in. Upon rebooting, if the screen aspect is still incorrect, then look for the following buttons on the Cable/SAT remote:

Aspect
Zoom
HD Zoom
Ratio
(#) symbol under the 9 key

Find any buttons with those labels and use them to attempt to correct the picture size. Let me know what happens.

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click the 5 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.

Do you need further assistance with this?

Same thing no fixing I still cannot see the sides of the picture on both sides

I need the Make and Model of your Cable Box. And please reply back with which of those above buttons you have on your cable remote.

On the front of the box- it'll say Explorer 4300HD or something similar- and you tried ZOOM, and HD Zoom? Please let me know as this is important in solving the issue,

Motorola dch6416
There is no zoom on the remote for the box I did use zoom on the Samsung deal Samsung remote and zoom 1 zoom - 16.9 + 4.3 then it has but I cannot access wide fit screen fit or Smart View
I also used the pound key underneath the number 9 on the cable box

Okay, I found the solution.

You need the Samsung remote for this, then press MENU, and access the following options:

MENU > Picture > Picture Size > Picture Size

Try all of these settings to see which one adjusts the picture so that you can see all of it:

16:9 Set the picture to the 16:9 wide-screen format. ● Zoom1 Magnify 16:9 pictures vertically. A magnified picture can be moved up and down. ● Zoom2 Magnify Zoom1 picture even more. A magnified picture can be moved up and down. ● Wide Fit Enlarge the aspect ratio of the picture so it fits the entire screen. Enjoy 4:3 images as undistorted 16:9 images. ● 4:3 Sets the picture to basic 4:3 mode. ● Screen Fit Displays the full image without any cutoff. ● Smart View 1 Reduces a 16:9 picture by 50%. ● Smart View 2 Reduces a 16:9 picture by 25%.

The wide fit does not work will not let me highlight it nor will screen fit or SmartView
Thanks

What about screen fit?

Anything?

Aric, Technician