TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

My tv is turn on & off by itself every 60 sec

Customer Question
my tv is turn on & off by itself every 60 sec
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
10/8/2015
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 2 years ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hello, I'm Shahid and will be happy to assist you. I need additional info of TV symptoms to troubleshoot the problem.
This is not an answer so do not rate it.

- Can you please get me the model number written on back of TV?
- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?

Thanks.

E420i-A0
It the tv only
i can see an answer
i cannot see an answer

Thanks for the model number info.

I understand its the TV that turns Off and back On itself after every 60 seconds, what I need to know does it happen on all video sources connected to TV like watching cable or DVD player etc?

Sorry for delay in reply as it takes little time to type the reply.

i have already paid $38. can you just call me @(###) ###-####

OK, let me send you phone call offer as per website rules.

i still wait for email answer

OK, lets try easy thing first..

- Have you tried to unplug TV and cable box power cords from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?
If not yet, can you try it now and reply back with the result?

Thanks.

tv & cable off for more than 15 min. cable ok, tv still on & off every 60 sec.

Sorry to hear that, it seems we have bit serous issue in hands.

How long TV stays Off and does the sound lose as well along with picture?

Does power light on TV also change color when picture goes Off?

These info will help to diagnose the problem.

Thanks.

power light on we tv is off. light is off when tv is on

OK, it seems TV firmware (internal software) problem because of failing EEPROM (memory) chip that stores the firmware data and causing the TV to reboot after every minute, I'm afraid main board of TV will be replaced in TV to resolve the problem. Please check following board supplier link to get required main board which is available for $66 if you wish to replace it yourself in TV..

http://www.shopjimmy.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=+E420i-A0

If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.

i call tv repair guy. taking it tmw.

OK, I hope they will take card of it. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
Regards,
Shahid.

Hi there,

I wanted to briefly follow up with you and see how the info worked, and see if that accomplished what you were looking to do!

Please reply back here if there is additional questions.

Thank you.

Shahid
Shahid
Shahid, Technician