TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I 't have any buttons on the TV itself. The "tv" part of my

Customer Question
I don't have any buttons...
I don't have any buttons on the TV itself. The "tv" part of my Comcast remote is niot responding - just cable. Volume does not work either. DVR does seem to work and On Demand
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
10/6/2015
TV Technician: Louie, Technician replied 2 years ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, bear with us; re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the TV. A good number of models of this brand operates on a different remote control type; i.e. RF (radio frequency) rather than IR (infrared) hence in most instances, the original remote would have to be used.

In some others, there is a single multi-function button located at the lower rear of the TV near 1 side.

Thanks, Louie
There is a button on lower left side. I did not realize it was multi functional. How do I know what function it is on?
The cable responds great to this universal remote. Are you suggesting that to work the TV functions, I need to use the other remote?

This button (depending on the model) may just offer a few functions such as (but not necessarily limited to):

• • press once to turn ON the TV;
  • • press once again to access the INPUT menu;
  • • press and hold to turn OFF the TV.

All other functions may not be available with such a limited function / single button. Then yes; the original Vizio remote would have to be used.

Thanks, ***** ***** for batteries!

I understand and would look forward to an update when able.

new batteries but Vizio remote not working Wondering if the button on the back of the TV I have pushed has put it out of sync with remote?
Model :M422i-B1

No, the earlier description of the functions of this button would still hold true for a Vizio M422i-B1. It has no effect on the remote control and is simply a manual means of limited functions.

Is this a fresh new install of the Vizio M422i-B1? ...or has it been in use for some time? ...using the original remote or some other remote?

Louie, Technician