TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

How do I activate closed captioning on Direct TV?

Customer Question
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/6/2015
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 2 years ago
Aric, Technician

Hello, When you're using a DirecTv box- the Closed Captioning function must be accessed within the box itself. Here is direct from DirecTv's site on how to access the CC function:

1. While watching a live TV program, press the YELLOW button on your remote.
  2. You'll see an option for DIRECTV Subtitling.
  3. Use the arrow button to highlight it, then press Select.
  4. DIRECTV Subtitles will appear over the video.

Here is also a link to their site with instructions:

https://support.directv.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2510/~/directv-closed-captioning%3A-how-to-turn-on-subtitles

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click the 5 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.

Also please make sure you scroll up the page to see all replies.

Aric, Technician