TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I just replaced PWB-MAIN BOARD MITSUBISHI WD65C9 TV. It now

Customer Question
I just replaced PWB-MAIN BOARD...
I just replaced PWB-MAIN BOARD FOR MY MITSUBISHI WD65C9 TV. It now blinks green then goes red flashing...my service personnel does not know what to do. Can you help me please
Instruction speaks of geometry backup what does that means. Please advise
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
10/6/2015
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 2 years ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hello, I'm Shahid and will be happy to assist you.

Flashing red power/status light indicates lamp door sensor switch is open and TV is in protection mode.

Is the lower back cover of TV still off of TV?

If so, either put the lower back cover on TV so lamp door sensor switch can be engaged OR find a switch (may be blue color) near the lamp housing area and close it manually (put tape on it) then turn On the TV and check.

Please reply back with the result and if problem resolved then a positive rating to answer would be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi there,

I wanted to briefly follow up with you and see how the info worked, and see if that accomplished what you were looking to do!

Please reply back here if there is additional questions.

Thank you.

I am still having the same problem as before I replaced the board, I am going to order a lamp and get back to you with an update.
Thanks
Sharon

Hi Sharon,

Did you close the lamp cover sensor switch as requested in previous reply to get the TV turn On?

Thanks.

Hi Shahid, the technician did but we are still having the same issue; the TV would not light up or go to the blue welcome screen. he suggest a new bulb so I am presently awaiting the installation I will let you know if that works. I am still over to any other suggestions that you might have. Thanks

Hi Sharon,

If status light turns solid red then it would be lamp failure and new lamp will help to resolve the issue.

If status light on TV blinks in red then it would be different issue rather than a lamp, can you provide me info about red status light of TV?

Thanks.

Hi, I have a blinking green light when my TV is trying to power on there is no light whatsoever then it eventually goes to a blinking red light. Sharon

OK, flashing red light indicates different issue in TV and we need to get error code from TV which will help to determine it, please follow the procedure to get error code..

Press the front panel ACTIVITY and CH Down buttons at the same time and hold for 5 seconds. The STATUS LED will then flash denoting a two digit code.\

Example: If the Error Code is “23”, the LED will flash two times, pause, and then flash three times.

Do you get any error code from TV?

Thanks.

No I did not get a code however the changes to a blinking green stops then goes back blinking green not flashing like before

Please try again to get error code while status light becomes red and reply back with info to proceed.

I am sorry, byt my TV screen did not even light up the only activity that I am getting is the flashing or blinking lights. Is this error code suppose to flash across my screen?

No, status light will flash to present error code.

I am not seeing a code, light blinks not flash after I hold down the activity and CH down buttons..eventually blink to red I am not seeing any codes I may be missing it as the status light is a bit small. I will request a call when next the technician is here. Thanks

Phone call assistance would cost you additional $18 as per website rules so reply back if you wish to get it and I'll send 'additional service offer' to proceed to phone call OR we can continue in this text chat thread.

Let me clear, flash or blink of status light is same thing, turn On the TV, let green light blinks, wait till it turns to red then apply two buttons procedure to get error code.

Thanks.

Okay I give up.. I am still not seeing a code after following your instructions; and yes flashing and blinking is the same thing what I should have said is that the light is flashing fast like the tv is trying to power on.... I will request a call when nest the tech is here

OK, let me opt out to open the question for next tech so you can talk to him over phone as well.

Please do not rate my answer and leave it as it is.

Thanks.

TV Technician: Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer replied 2 years ago
Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer

Sharon, different expert here. I'm Dan. Let me know if you still need help with this and I will assist.

Hi Dan, The tech has not been back, due to my working hours, however he has made an appointment for this weekend, I will initiate a call then.
Thanks
Sharon

My pleasure, Sharon. If you need anything, just ask...

Hi Guys;It appears that you were correct the door was open, however I am still having an issue where now I have updated it powers on however after a few mins the green light goes to red flashing and shuts off? thanks