TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Nevermind. I got it. There was a screw I had overlooked
Answered in 1 hour by:
10/4/2015
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 2 years ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

No problem , I would take it there is a problem though if you are taking out the back cover ??

Let me know if you need help with that

Hi I replaced the T-con board but still no picture

O.k and what are the original symptoms ?

I contacted you a couple of days ago about Toshiba 46xv645u sound but no picture
I ordered the T-con board and just replaced it. I stripped one of the screws so there are three instead of four does that matter?

That may matter if the one screws left is also a ground to the chassis.

I did not see the original post because thsi the 3rd one you opened on this instead of replying to me through the original post

Oh sorry I will send you the original

Sorry but this is sunday night so it will have to go till tomorrow , send me the description of the problem and it is too late now to change post anyway so send it here .

Tell me whats going on and we`ll take it from there

God bless

Oh ok. Sorry if I offended you. Take care and God bless you and your family

No problem , no offense , I just did not know at first who was asking me about the 2 black things and now just saw what this is about .

Thanks for understanding and lets continue tomorrow , just send me a reply with the details and we`ll take it from there

Ok thank you very much Jack!

No problem

Hi I apologize for the delay but my baby isn't feeling her best. I purchased the T-con board frin that website and still I don't have a picture. I have sound but no picture. What should I try next?

This is getting to be really confusing.

Just saw a post that was made 3 days before we first talk and that was with shahid , you were asking how to take off the t-con board .

Then 3 days later we did diagnose it down to the t-con .

Now on this post you are talking about a stripped screw and i said that f that screw was used to ground the t-con to the chassis (like it is most often the case) then it would matter .

Did you manage to fix that ?

Is the picture exactly the same as before ?

For example if you were to re-install the old board there would be no difference ?

do you still have the old board ?

In any case the symptoms you have ; background light , sound , no menu but a blank screen all point to a defective t-con so if you did install that board correctly that is with those ribbon cables locked in place then the only other possible suspect would be the main board but at this point i would hesitate to venture that far and have you spend more money on this .

Something is not right here and i can`t be there to see it for myself

Sorry for the confusion. You were the 1st person I talked to but then I came back after I ordered the board but you weren’t available so that's how I got Shahid. I preferred you since you were the 1st person I spoke with and helped identify the problem. I installed it but the ribbons didn't click. I just folded the black things down but they didn't click. Should it make a clicking sound?
I'm going to take it out and try again. Maybe I didn't push the ribbon in far enough.
i put another screw in the board.
Yes I still have the old board

Not necessarily a clicking sound but they got to be locked on them , i mean not loose and yes the ribbons have to be pushed in until they can go no further and then that locked snapped back on them .

Also Mind the LVDS cable that go to the main board

Anything not up to par at this point will give you the problem you have now , just as if you had a defective t-con

Oh ok. I am going to check all of the screws and everything. Hopefully it will work, if not I may have to take it to an expert. Thank you for your help.

no problem , take your time and take it out again if needed

Jack
Jack
Jack, Technician