TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

TV screen looks like a negative, color is all gone, see the

Customer Question
link for a picture. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2O30igYQ_B-QV8tR3BIeXhuQnc/view?usp=sharing...
TV screen looks like a negative, color is all gone, see the link for a picture.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2O30igYQ_B-QV8tR3BIeXhuQnc/view?usp=sharing
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
10/2/2015
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 2 years ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hello, I'm Shahid and will be happy to assist you. I need additional info of TV symptoms to troubleshoot the problem.
This is not an answer so do not rate it.

- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?

Thanks.

Only my computer is connected, all hdmi do this , VGA as well.

Just to clear, do you get same negative picture when computer is connected too?

Have you tried to upgrade TV firmware that might help to resolve the issue?

Same issue if nothing is connected or computer is connected. No never updated firmware.

OK, please go to following Samsung link then click on Manuals & Downloads tab and click See More+ link to expand the list, there you will get firmware upgrade file and pdf instruction file that contains detailed info about how to proceed..

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/LN37A550P3FXZA-search

If firmware upgrade doesn't fix the issue then it would be LCD panel related problem which is bit complicated issue and will discuss it later after getting firmware update results.

Please reply back with the result.

Thanks.

Ok could not finish the firmware upgrade as not the TV has started shutting off shortly after turning on and the power light blinks over and over and can not turn TV back on unless I unplug from power and plug back in and hit the power button then.

ah OK, TV must stays On for firmware upgrade.

Now the new issue in TV (power on-off and power light blinks) indicates failing capacitors on power supply board which is well known issue with this model and few others having same chassis, replacement of power supply board or bad capacitors (it needs good soldering work with proper tools and expertise) will help to stay TV On and might help as well to get normal picture on screen. Required power supply board part number is ***** that can be used to search/google to get price and stock info to order the board if you wish to replace it in TV yourself.

If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.

Are you sure that the power supply board would cause the tv display to show like a negative? Does not seem like one would have to do with the other.

Bad capacitors resulted insufficient/ unstable power supplies to main board of TV and 12V also goes to T-Con board of TV that provides video data to internal circuitry of LCD panel, it is my assumption that power board swapping might help to resolve negative picture problem as well.

Ok I will order a replacement power supply and let you know.

Sure, please take your time and reply back with the result.

Thanks.

Just replaced the power supply which did have bulging caps but still the same issue where the screen looks like a negative.

OK, so does TV stay On now with new power supply board?

If so, have you tried to upgrade TV firmware from given Samsung link?

same issue after the firmware upgrade

Sorry to hear that, it seems we have bit serious issue in TV. Have you tried to go into TV service menu (tech menu) to check/ adjust the data for any Samsung TV before?

no i have not

OK, I'm afraid it is LCD panel internal failure and entire screen will be replaced to resolve the problem but it would cost approx new TV price of same size if replacement LCD panel is still available with Samsung Parts in area. I wish I had better news about TV problem as we have tried all other possible fix but non worked so at this point you would be better off with a new TV. I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
Regards,
Shahid.

Shahid
Shahid
Shahid, Technician