TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

Ihave a 42 in sence. it will only click on after repeatly

Customer Question
ihave a 42 in hisence...
ihave a 42 in hisence. it will only click on after repeatly unplugging it. it must make a double cl cli k before it will on. using the control does not help
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/2/2015
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 2 years ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello

Welcome

I will need the model number please found on the back of the set?

Let me know thanks

Anthony

HOLTON4GV96US
NOLTON4GV96US

OK let me tel you that what you are describing is classic capacitor failure on the power-board, these devices can show visual signs of failure by leaking/ballooning up/raised domed tops and this will be the first visual check as a procedure so can you do this work yourself?there should not be any soldering if you cant do that and you do have options?

Let me know I will provide all the relevant info that you need

Please consider rating the answer positively, rating me positively enables me to receive credit from the site, thank you, ***** ***** will remain open and stay open as long as you need it, if you have any concerns please don't rate instead press the "reply to expert" tab and I will answer any queries you have

Many Thanks

Anthony

I AM REPEATLY UNPLUGGING AND TRYING TO PUSH BUTTON TO NO AVAIL. IT HAS TO MAKE 2 CLICKS IF IT WILL TRY TO GO ON. IT IS GETTING HARDER AND HARDER TO TURN ON. DO I NEED A NEW SET

I do not use the phone call service sorry I dont find it beneficial for this line of troubleshooting

So the first thing you need to do is examine visually the capacitors on the powerboard so you need to get the back off the set trace the power-cord to the power-board and check all the devices that look like in this graphic I am about to send

Let meknow what you find in this FIRST check as a procedure to repairing this yourself?I need to know if you spot any of the tell-tale signs i said earlier

Anthony

I CAN NOT GET SCRREW OUT OF BACK

That is something I can't help you with I am not there to turn the screws so you do need to use some practicality with that

Anthony

Did you manage to remove the back cover please

Anthony

Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician