Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I have a Samsung Smart TV and I want to record some

Customer Question

I have a Samsung Smart TV and I want to record some television programs onto a USB.
With the USB into plugged into the Samsung Blue.Ray player I can display the contents and see files I have stored on theres ie documents etc.
With the television on, I use the GUIDE button to display the programs. I then highlight the program I wish to record, then I press the INFO button which gives me the option to Watch, Record or Return.
When I select Record, I receive the following msge: The Recording (or Timeshift) function is not available. Retry the action after checking the device.
I have also tried the same function with a removable disc drive with the same results.
Am I doing something wrong?
Clare
Category: TV
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

The Samsung TVs marketed for U.S.A. usage from 2012 and previous years, were not capable of recording. I presume that yours is more recent, or has recording as a working option owing to being marketed for Australia usage.

You may need a faster USB device. Is your USB device USB 1.1, or is it USB 2.0 ? I would suspect that 2.0 at least is required for TV recording.

Also it has to be sufficiently large in available capacity. It might help if the USB device was freshly formatted and had nothing else stored on it, too.

Let me know what the model # ***** or at least, the series # ***** of your TV is. With that information, I ought to be able to advise you more specifically.