Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Same set different question. I got an identical working TV.

Customer Question

Same set different question. I got an identical working TV for free. Now I have "spare" parts. I'm trying to remove the 3 large wires (look like spark plug wires) from the power board and one smaller cable that goes down near where the power plug is. I don't want to pull on them to hard. I don't know why they don't pull off. I pulled back the boot on the smaller one by the power supply but it doesn't show an obvious removal method. Once I get the power board out I'll pull the two standard suspect fuses off the board. Curious, can I just send this board somewhere for repair?
Category: TV
Expert:  Louie replied 2 years ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, please post back with clear pictures of the wires; click HERE.

Still, try pushing down/in, twist/turn before pulling up/out the red wire(s).

Please post back results / observations of the above once tried.

For board repairs, please click HERE to inquire.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I've tried to post the file of my power board. Pushing the cable and trying to twist does not remove large cables (spark plug looking wires). I'm still trying to figure out how to remove the wires and a possible option on where to send this power board repair.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry I didn't like the way that came across. Thanks for the help so far. I hope the picture helps understand the proper way to remove the cables.
Expert:  Louie replied 2 years ago.

Have you tried pushing and then twisting counterclockwise? ...or clockwise?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Noted in my last reply, I tried pushing and twisting. The cable neither pushes down nor twists. It acts as if it's glued on. I'm sure that's not the case but if I do either to hard, I'm sure I'll break the PC board. See the jpg I attached in the previous reply.
Expert:  Louie replied 2 years ago.

I understand.

Perhaps another member can offer an alternate approach and/or a second opinion. The question would be re-opened as I would be opting out.

Please expect an email when a new answer has been posted.

Still, good luck with the Toshiba.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Louie. I'm an Automotive Electrical Systems engineer and I'm sure there's a trick to getting these HV cables off that we're not aware of. I looked a the other end of the cable thinking the board might come with them permanently attached but they go into the bottom the projection lamps in a very sealed looking connection.