Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer
Experience:  USAF trained; A.A.S Electronics; A.A.S. Education; Currently teaching advanced troubleshooting and repair for the DoD.
42300671

My panasonic TXP55VT30E tunred off. Then started blinking 7

Customer Question

hi, my panasonic TXP55VT30E tunred off. Then started blinking 7 times. So i took off the SC board. THen blinked 8 times. So i took out the 2 SS boards. Now it blinks 6 times. dont know what to do
Category: TV
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
just added a pic of the removed parts
Expert:  Dan replied 2 years ago.

Welcome to the site, and sorry for our delay in responding. I'm Dan.

Expert:  Dan replied 2 years ago.

Please reinstall all the boards. We need to confirm the 7-blink error, then go from there. -DAn

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok hey dan
Expert:  Dan replied 2 years ago.

The issue is almost certainly with the SD and/or SU boards, not the SC or SS. When everything is installed and you confirm the 7-blink code is still there, let me know and we'll work on the SD/SU.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
the problem is when I took off the SD one (TNPA 5335 BA) i dammaged one of the buffers
At first i had 7. i took off the sd and i had 8..that s why i took the SS.
Where i live it s 6pm in israel and it s shabbat. Is it possible to take an apointment to speak tomorrow at 7pm (so in 24h55 min) or on sunday cause i cant really touch the tv now
Expert:  Dan replied 2 years ago.

I understand shabbat. no problem. We will probably need to replace the SD and SU boards, but we will speak tomorrow.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
thank you very much
Expert:  Dan replied 2 years ago.

You're welcome!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
what if the SC board is damaged ?do you think it could still work i am attaching a picture
Expert:  Dan replied 2 years ago.

Hm. That might work for testing purposes, but not when the TV is reassembled.

Expert:  Dan replied 2 years ago.

We'll probably be able to figure out if it's the SD/SU/SC (or any combination) with that connector as it is, but when it comes time to repair we will need to replace it.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
OK lets speak tomorrow and we ll take it from there. I am sure itmight be easy to fix a little piece like this here
Expert:  Dan replied 2 years ago.

OK talk to you then. -Dan

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
hey dan you here ? i reinstalled everything and now i have 8 blinks..which means that i might have broken sthg as i had 7 blinks before i touched anything...:(
Expert:  Dan replied 2 years ago.

If you disconnect the SS board, how many blinks do you have?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
let me try
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
only the SS or also the SS2 the long thin one ?
Expert:  Dan replied 2 years ago.

Only the SS. Should be connectors SS11 and SS33?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
by the way can i disconnect stuff while the tv is plugged in or need to plug out all the time ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i disconnect SS11 and SS53 so only SS board and i still get 8 blinks
Expert:  Dan replied 2 years ago.

You should always disconnect the wall power before doing anything inside the TV.

Expert:  Dan replied 2 years ago.

OK if you're still getting 8 blinks with the SS disconnected, the SS board isn't causing the 8 blink condition.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok got it :). sorry it s really not my field
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok what should i try next ?
Expert:  Dan replied 2 years ago.

Well, I think we have it narrowed down to the SD, SU, and/or SC section.

Expert:  Dan replied 2 years ago.

But with the SC damaged, we may or may not be able to continue testing.

Expert:  Dan replied 2 years ago.

You might consider ordering all 3 boards, seeing which one(s) fix the issue, then returning the others.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
it s impossible to rule out SD and SU ?
Expert:  Dan replied 2 years ago.

No, but it's tough to say if our tests will be accurate if the SC might be damaged. I can walk you through it...

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok
Expert:  Dan replied 2 years ago.

Here's what I do... I reconnect everything inside the TV, then physically remove the SU board from the TV. Set it away from the TV, on a table. Then connect the power cord and try to turn the TV on. If the blink code changes, we just eliminated the cause of our 1st blink code (the SU board). If the blink code is unchanged after removing the SU, do the same for the SD.

Expert:  Dan replied 2 years ago.

If the blink code remains the same with the SU and SD boards out of the TV, replace the SC board.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
let me make an assumption here you tell me if it s right . I had 7 blinks first. I took off the SC and got 8. if the SC would have been the pb then i should have gotten 6 blinks no ? doesnt this automatically incriminate the SD and or SU. but now that SC is damaged i wont be able to see if it s SD or SU cause it will always locate a pb with SC. So what if i anyways take out SC and then check SU and SD ? for the blink to change only one element needs to be removed or it can be 2 or 3 ?
Expert:  Dan replied 2 years ago.

When you remove the SC, you automatically remove the SD and SU, as well.

Expert:  Dan replied 2 years ago.

But it's not the same if you go the other way. Removing the SD/SU doesn't change the SC. It's weird.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
now i have removed the 3 and it still 8 blinks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i dont understand why i had 7 blinks before any manipulation
Expert:  Dan replied 2 years ago.

7 blinks is SD/SU/SC... that we know 99% of the time. Everything after that... well, may not be accurate. Especially with the damaged connector. Removing multiple boards at once also confuses the micros sometimes and can make it tricky.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok. quick question, the damaged connector is it sthg standard ? ie can i fix it here eqsily at an electrician ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
one other question ? Where should i order the pieces from ?
Expert:  Dan replied 2 years ago.

I don't see why you couldn't repair or replace the connector. Depends on the severity, I suppose. It's just soldering.

Expert:  Dan replied 2 years ago.

Parts source in Israel... geez, I really don't know. I'm in the US. Can you order from US sites?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
which US Site do you recommend ? pb is that shopjimmy is out of stock/ anything else u could recommend >
Expert:  Dan replied 2 years ago.

I like shopjimmy, tristatemodule, encompassparts, ued.net, pacparts, moduslinkptstvboards, and searspartsdirect.

Expert:  Dan replied 2 years ago.

Oh, and sometimes tvparts4less and eBay if all else fails.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok thank you very much
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
if i had 3 new parts then the TV should work again right ? or there might be some other pbs ?
Expert:  Dan replied 2 years ago.

I don't think there is anything else wrong with the TV.

Expert:  Dan replied 2 years ago.

I'm online most days. If you need anything else, just let me know and I'll respond as soon as I'm able.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
thank you very much for your help. i ll try to fix the connectors first and see if we can go back to testing
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
last question for today. as this tv was bought in 2011 it seems like most of these stores are out of stock. there are no new components that are equivalent to mine that could replace them ?
Expert:  Dan replied 2 years ago.

Correct, there are no replacement boards that are suitable. You would need to track down the same part number. They're usually available... I'm sure it won't take long for some of the sites to get them.

Expert:  Dan replied 2 years ago.

Do you still need help with this?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi, yes probbaly i will need you once i fix the SC board to see if we can test the SU/SD
Expert:  Dan replied 2 years ago.

OK, no problem... I'll be here. To make sure we don't get disconnected though, please do leave a rating on this page so the site knows I helped you out. Thanks.