Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I can not connect my tv to the internet what do I need to do

Customer Question

I can not connect my tv to the internet what do I need to do to connect it?
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.

Hi, Without knowing even the model of the TV it's hard to give a specific answer. Can you please get me the model number off of the back of the TV?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
model#m4921-B2
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It would be better for me if we could talk by phone my # ***** *****
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.

Okay thank you. What have you tried so far with regards ***** ***** the TV- have you followed the Vizio setup instructions, and selected Wire or Wireless- depending on which manner you are connecting? Have you entered the router info to the TV, and then run a connection test? Please tell me everything you have tried/done so far so that I can assist you.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.

I don't use the phone call feature, if you need to talk on the phone, the site charges extra for that, and I will need to opt out. If you want to continue here, simply reply back on the page.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Went to settings& help then settings,info & test,run system test and the TV said it can not detect internet
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.

How is the TV connected to the router? In other words, did Hughes simply give you a Modem, or do you actually have a Router in the mix also? Additionally if using a router, is the TV connected to it using an Ethernet cable, or is it a Wi Fi router? The details are paramount to solving the problem.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
do U know what I need to do?
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.

Read my reply and post back please?

"How is the TV connected to the router? In other words, did Hughes simply give you a Modem, or do you actually have a Router in the mix also? Additionally if using a router, is the TV connected to it using an Ethernet cable, or is it a Wi Fi router? The details are paramount to solving the problem."

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I HAVE WIFY I have a router and a modem the router I bought from them had to be replaced I replaced it with a Netgear38 router
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.

Okay if it had to be replaced, then you need to RESET THE TV TO FACTORY DEFAULTS and then start a fresh setup as if the TV were new. The TV still has all of the old router information stored and thinks it's connecting to the old router- that is the problem. Let me know if you need further assistance in performing any of those steps.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
are u still there?
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.

Yes, did you see my last reply telling you what needs to be done? Please scroll up to see all replies on this page.