TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I have a projection TV model#VS70705 serial #102536 and my

Customer Question
Good morning. I have a...
Good morning. I have a projection TV model#VS70705 serial #102536 and my problem I,m having is that I cane be watching a program with a clear picture and all of a sudden there will be a pop sound from the back of the set and the picture will get blurie on me. I have turned the TV off and back on and there is no change it the picture it can last up to 5/6 days. I then can turn the TV on and the picture is as clear as a bell and it can last for a while and when the TV pops in the back again the picture will go blurie again. Any ideas or suggestion please. Thank You Bruce from Michigan
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/30/2015
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 2 years ago
Aric, Technician

Hello Bruce, and sorry you're having problems. Please send a reply when you see mine so I know you are with me.

The issue is one I'm familiar with on your set.

The issue that causes this is a convergence failure- the chips were getting weak, which is what caused the pop and for the convergence to go out of whack. This is the most common failure with these 3CRT rear projection units and the fix is to have the convergence IC's and fuses replaced. If you have this done at a shop you're looking at around $275 parts and labor which is steep on an older set. However if you're a DIY type and can solder, there's a kit at the link below that you can purchase to repair this yourself:

http://www.tvrepairkits.com/xcart/mitsubishi-vs-70705-convergence-repair-kit.html

Alternatively you can use the link below to locate a shop in your area if you'd like:

http://www.tvrepairpros.com

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news and wish there were a quick fix.

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click the 5 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.

Aric, Technician