Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

Im having trouble with my tv and it says no signal. what can

Customer Question

Im having trouble with my tv and it says no signal. what can i do to get it back running?
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am an experienced electronics field technician connected to you via this pay for assistance chat based support service. Your satisfaction is my top priority and in return your positive rating is the only way I will receive credit for my time. To get started we need more information (additional details may be required):
1. Who is your tv channel provider?

2. Do you normally change channels with the Vizio remote or the provider's remote?

___________________________________________________________________

** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear **

** Do NOT start a new question **

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
provider remote but i was using my vizio in attempt to work my dvd player and now i have no signal
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My cable provider is Cox
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Do you get HD channels from your provider's box?

If so, the box is likely connected via HDMI. So you need to look at the back of the tv where that HDMI connection is and see which HDMI port number, like HDMI 2 (example). Then use the "INPUT" button on the Vizio remote to change the tv to HDMI 2.

If you still get no signal- Leave the tv on and set to HDMI 2. Locate the POWER cord for the provider's box and unplug it from the wall outlet. Wait 30 seconds and plug it back in. Watch the tv screen as the box boots back up.

I am here to help you. If you need more help reply back. Please be sure to click the 5 STARS or SMILEYS rating now. Doing so does NOT close the question or prevent us from continuing our conversation here. My livelihood truly does depend on your positive rating. Clicking the "bad/poor" rating does NOT do anything to fix your issue, nor does it issue you a refund.

Thank you,