Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

Television model name: xbr-55x850b serial number5475905

Customer Question

television model name: xbr-55x850b serial number5475905 picture is off. Please inform me how to get picture back on.
Category: TV
Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 2 years ago.

Get your Sony TV remote out. You've either changed INPUTS, or you changed channel numbers from 3.0 aka 3-0. It depends mostly on how your cable box is connected to your TV set. Most of the time you use HDMI 1, 2, or 3 INPUT for HD Cable boxes, and RARELY are they set to use Channel 3-0 on the TV INPUT. Note TV input is one of many inputs found on your Sony remote control. Start with Input button on the upper left corner of your remote and see what is highlighted when you press it. HDMI 1 is usually what people use to connect their cable box to their TV set .

Give me more details about what you're watching -Cable, satellite, local TV stations with an antenna, etc.

Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 2 years ago.

Sorry, I can't use the Live Phone Call service right now . Wife is hogging all the phones in my home, and she's asleep. Were you using your Cable/Satellite remote at the time and lost your picture? Is it now displaying "no signal" on the TV screen?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
cable-Time Warner. Input is hdmi 1. Have sound. No picture. Picture is off. Need to know how to get picture back to on position.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
cable is Time Warner. Input HDMI 1 has been selected. Have Sound. Cable is okay. Picture is still off. Need to know how to get picture back to on position. Thank You
Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 2 years ago.

If you have sound, that means your Cable box is delivering it...however is it DIRECTLY to your TV set, or do you also use a Home theater/AMP with your TV to deliver the sound to the Audio speakers outside of your TV set? My first suggestion with the missing picture is to unplug the HDMI cable from you TV or cable box and see if your sound disappears. That way you KNOW which cable is delivering sound and picture...AND...it resets the HDMI connection to your TV set.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
sound is directly from cable box. Unplugged HDMI cable. Lost sound. Re-connected HDMI with no results. Still Have Sound- No Picture. How does picture off button work & how do you reverse that option ?
Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 2 years ago.

Well, that would be in the HOME menu if you're using the SONY remote...but if you can see your MENU when you press HOME, then the TV is capable of producing a picture and we know THAT isn't the source of missing picture. Using HOME is a fast test of Picture problems. Picture off is used to listen to music, so if you pressed it, it will stay off until you press it twice to turn it back on.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Remote support instructs me to give you the following code 523-772-988
Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 2 years ago.

Ok, that code is used to call Sony for further evaluation. Give them a call with that code and your "no picture" information.

Expert:  Jack replied 2 years ago.

Hello , my name is ***** ***** tech. here
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first i would have a few questions so could you please send me a reply when you are ready to proceed ?
By the way , this is NOT an answer so there is no need to rate yet.