Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer
Experience:  USAF trained; A.A.S Electronics; A.A.S. Education; Currently teaching advanced troubleshooting and repair for the DoD.
42300671

I have a Sony projection tv Model: KP-65WS510 with a

Customer Question

I have a Sony projection tv Model: KP-65WS510 with a convergency issue. I changed the two ic's STK392-570 and all six fuses are fine on the set. I still have the same convergency problem. I have the -22Volts and +22volts and I also want to note that the
ic's are completely cold.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Hello , my name is Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first i would have a few questions so could you please send me a reply when you are ready to proceed ?
By the way , this is NOT an answer so there is no need to rate yet.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm ready, what are your questions?
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Whole bunch of them so give me a sec to type this down

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Did you just replace the chips and nothing else like those low value resistors connected to that circuit ?

What prompted you to replace the chips , could not get the manual adjustments to pull in the convergence enough or simply did not respond to either the user or service adjustments ?

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Did you get a repair kit or just the chips ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I only purchased the chips and I replaced the chips and the resistors, and the tv did not respond to the user or service adjustments.
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Sorry but n that case I would need to know if you go this as a kit that usually has most of the offending components like picofuses, common resistors for this problem and then chips or you just measured some resistors , replaced the one you found defective and then the chips ?

You seem to know about the 22volts+/- so I guess you have a schematic and know how to use a meter .

Are you a repair shop or DIY`er

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Sorry for the typo`s by the way

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Repair shop, and I ordered the ic's and then checked the board for any resistors that needed to be replaced.
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

O.k then and you mean that nothing is moving whatsoever when doing the convergence ?

Did you find anything burnt in the convergence circuit or just tried the chips ?

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Sorry but I got to go now and will repost your question

You don`t have to do anything , your question will be reposted for other techs. to see and jump in.
DO NOT rate or it will hinder the repost .
Just stand by and someone should be with you shortly .
PS. Do not reply to this or it will be sent back to me instead of reposted.

Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Different expert here. Still need help on this? I've seen your issue a few times. -Dan

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please help me.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I still need help on this tv. Can you please help me
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

22V lines are good, and your ICs are still cool... hm, sounds like a D-board issue. Has the D-board been replaced or troubleshot? Where did you measure the 22V? CN5004 on the G-board? Or CN8013 on the D-board? -Dan

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The D-board has not been replaced and we checked both CN5004 and the CN8013 and they both have the - and + 22volts.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

OK thanks. If you're getting a solid +22 and -22V, the only real possibility here is the D-board. The part number is ***** You can still get new ones @ EncompassParts.com for about $230. Used/refurbs are probably available around the net, too. Replace the D-board and you should be fine here. You could also send the boards to ModusLinkPTSTVBoards.com and they can test it... it would cost less than a replacement but would take awhile to get it back.

Let me know if you have any other questions, and please take a quick second to rate the service I've provided (5-star scale) so the site knows I helped out. Thanks. -Dan

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you think it could just be the digital convergency board?
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

I'm not sure which board you're talking about, but the D-board (H/V OUT) is the issue in 9/10 similar cases. Replace the D-board.