TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

When I press the format button multiple times the format

Customer Question
does not change. Is...
when I press the format button multiple times the format does not change. Is there a way to lock/unlock the format mode?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/23/2015
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 2 years ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello

Welcome

So do you have a small or over-sized picture?if so in what way is it big or small?

Anthony

the picture is too big for the screen

First, reboot the Cable/SAT box by disconnecting it from power for 10 seconds and plugging it back in. Upon rebooting, if the screen aspect is still incorrect, then look for the following buttons on the Cable/SAT remote:

Aspect
Zoom
HD Zoom
Ratio
(#) symbol under the 9 key

Find any buttons with those labels and use them to attempt to correct the picture size. Let me know what happens.

If all is well>>>>

Please consider rating the answer positively, rating me positively enables me to receive credit from the site, thank you, ***** ***** will remain open and stay open as long as you need it, if you have any concerns please don't rate instead press the "reply to expert" tab and I will answer any queries you have

If not please just press the reply to expert tab without rating

Many Thanks

Anthony

this is so annoying and aggravating because there is no reply to expert tab

You must have found it because you replied?what is the problem please?is it the same?

same problem. I did reboot the receiver box and found the aspect button on the cable/sat remote, but pressing it a few times still doesn't change the format. It is stuck on normal

So are you saying you have tried the TV aspect ratio/format and the box and nothing is happening?if that is the case if you try another input like a DVD player and use the aspect ratio/format of TVs remote to change does it work then?because if it does the box is bad

Let me know

Anthony

Can you let me know about the above please

Anthony

When I change to the dvd I have to change (for lack of a proper word) the mode to vid1 to watch dvd's. With it set like that the format button on the tv remote will scroll thru the 4 format choices, but changing the format in this (mode) does not transfer the corresponding format when I go back to the tv screen. It is still "normal"

So it does work with a DVD but when you go back to the box its still bad, you will need to get the box swapped, its stuck in one mode of aspect ratio, this is your problem, the check with the DVD proves the TV is OK, its the box format that is bad

Let me know if you have anything to add

A positive rating is appreciated thank you

Anthony

I have to be somewhere else pretty soon so I will have to wait until tomorrow to swap the box

Yes you see if you rebooted the box like I indicated above and went through the procedure its all you can do, the box is evidently bad probably bad software and its not unusual I have had this many times

Anthony

thanks, I hope to get this box changed out and then see if that fixes the problem.

Yes that is no problem please let me know the outcome.

Regards

Anthony

Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician