Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

We purchased a 55 inch vizio on 4/1/15 at Walmart in Mankato

Customer Question

we purchased a 55 inch vizio on 4/1/15 at Walmart in Mankato MN it is either model #P502ui-B1 or P502ui-B1E
Now the TV does only turn on by displaying the big V on the screen and then fading away. This happens every few minutes without trying to turn the TV on or of. We paid $ 814.00 but I do not have the receipt anymore. However , Walmart is trying to recover the receipt. Please advice what can be done to get this 6 month old Television to work again.
Sincerely
Hannelore Haslip
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 2 years ago.

Hello

Welcome

OK to prove it is the TV we need to make some checks now when the V fades away is the set still in the ON mode the light lit as though ON?

If you press the menu button of the sets own remote control (assuming set is ON)does the menu come up please?

We can make some checks to prove its the TV or not but if it is the TV you MUST get it fixed under warranty

Let me know please

Anthony