Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

My HD Tv volume is not responding to the remote control. No

Customer Question

My HD Tv volume is not responding to the remote control. No sound on TV regardless of the indicated volume level.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 2 years ago.

Hello

Welcome

Thanks for the Question

If you are watching through a satellite or cable box please re-boot the box by un-plugging the box from wallpower waiting 5 mins then re-plugging the box back in again, it would be a good idea to do the same with the TV at the same time

We find that in some cases a software drop-out in the box can take out the sound

Let me know how this works out please thank you, ***** ***** works out good please could you rate the answer positively with the rating bar that will be with this post thanks again.

Regards

Anthony

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I ported down the TV and cable box powered back up tv and box. As the cable was rebooting the tv had a black box on the screen and sound when the show started displaying the sound went off. Current state viewing tent no sound

Sorry I am not quite understanding your reply, did you un-plug both from wall-power?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Tv at wall and pulled power plug out of cable box

Please reply back here do not open a new question thanks

OK if you connect up or switch on a DVD player or similar something entirely separate from the box does the sound come on then?

We need to eliminate the box as most sound problems are box issues

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am rebooting for 5 minute timer I will then try my eve to see if Netflix plays or a eve plays it will be over 5 minutes for me to get back to you

OK but please try another input if not successful so we can eliminate the box

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I got sound this time when I powered back up at this time everything seems to be working

OK thats great news!

Please remember before you go to rate the answer positively , there will be a rating band with this post

Thanks again

Anthony

OK thats great news!

Thanks again

Anthony