TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I have Panasonic plasma TV "TH-58P2700U", i did observer a

Customer Question
Hi Dan; I have Panasonic plasma...
Hi Dan;
I have Panasonic plasma TV "TH-58P2700U", i did observer a green line in middle (Horizontal) of TV, don't know what could be an issue.
TV was bought in 2008
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
9/22/2015
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 2 years ago
Aric, Technician

Hello and sorry you're having problems. Dan is not online, but I will be glad to help you.

Can you please tell me how thick this green line is and does it move or flicker at all?

Also is it there with all sources (cable, DVD, etc.)?

Sorry for delay.Line is not that thick less then 1 cm. It stay and depend on background of TV show will see on screen.
It is same with cable, streaming device, did not try with DVD.Please let me know for any additional information you want.P Patel

Thanks for the reply. Please use the original Panasonic remote and press MENU- and let me know if the TV's native MENU will display over the line, or behind the line. Since the line is internal, the MENU test tells me more what is causing it.

As i mention I don't see green line on each channel constantly, it comes up sporadically and see perfectly when background is in light (white/light yellow) color.

Okay, then it's going to be tough to determine which component in the TV is at fault. However since it occurs with multiple sources (streaming and cable) then it's confirmed to be an issue within the TV itself. Most commonly it's caused by the Sustain board(s) failing due to heat and wear. However it can also be caused by a dropped output in the power supply, or a faulty Mainboard. In order to isolate and fix the issue, the set would need to be bench tested and voltages would need to be measured at the power supply PCB.

The average cost for this repair is between $250-$400 parts and labor- and I'm afraid there's no pushbutton fixes for this problem. It is a hardware related issue and given the set is 7 years old, I would also consider putting that same money towards a possible new set, or living with the line until it becomes unwatchable. I'm sorry for the bad news and wish there were a quick fix.

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click the 5 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.

Do you need any further assistance with this?

If not, could you please click the 5 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts? It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.

Aric, Technician