TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

Please help to determine what the problem with my samsung

Customer Question
Hello sir, Please help to determine...
Hello sir,
Please help to determine what the problem with my samsung 46" model UN46F6300AFX2A TV is.
This TV was bought brand new less than 2 years ago (at Best Buy, not even paid off) and was taken the very good care of but it already showed the problem.
The problem is: When turned on, only the words "SMART TV" and the 5 "app icons?" kept take turn appear and disappear, no tv programs can be watched.
The problem started about 2 months ago. At first, it happened only a few minutes when powered on and gone, but now it stays permanently.
My name is*****
Thank you for your help.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
9/21/2015
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 2 years ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hello Larry, I'm Shahid and sorry about the problem in TV. I need bit more info to troubleshoot the issue.

- Does Smart TV logo appear again and again (repeat) on TV screen or happens just once and screen stays dark?

This info will help to troubleshoot the problem.

Thanks.

Hi Shahid,
The SMART TV logo appears for a few seconds, disappear, and then the 5 icons appear for a few seconds, and repeat "forever" like that

Thanks Larry for the info.

This kind of problem occurs due to corrupted TV firmware (internal software) and it requires main board replacement in TV to resolve the issue.

Main board is one that has video inputs on it, main processor chip boots up, resets due to internal/ firmware issue, reboots and this keeps going on. There are few different version of main board utilized in this one model so it needs to remove back cover of TV and get the part number off of label/ sticker pasted on main board to search/google to get exact identical main board because different version may not work properly.

Please check following link to view one of main board image as a sample/ example which will help you to locate it in TV if wish to work on this TV yourself..

http://www.shopjimmy.com/samsung-bn94-05656g-main-board-for-un46es6500fxza.htm

If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...

http://www.tvrepairpros.com/

I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,

Shahid.

Thank you

You're welcome, I wish I had better news about TV problem. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.

Regards,

Shahid.

Hi, do you need any further assistance with it?

Hi Shahid,
Can you locate the exact component so I don't have to replace the whole board? You said replace the whole board, it is still better than saying buy a new tv! Sorry for late response because I am still at work.

Larry, I wish there was such a way to repair this type of circuit board on component level and if required components available but unfortunately it is not as manufacturer does not provide detailed schematics of board nor the spare components to carry our such repair and always advice to replace entire board related to any issue with that board, this is to ensure repair and product (TV) quality.

I hope these info will help, please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.

Thanks.

Main board would cost around $100 or so so it is still better than buy a new TV.

Hi there,

I wanted to briefly follow up with you and see how the info worked, and see if that accomplished what you were looking to do!

Please reply back here if there is additional questions.

Thank you.

Hi shahid,
I believed there is the problem with the main board. I don't have time to open it up and take a look at it. It still works "on and off". It is okay now, I will ask for your help again if I need later. Thank you very much!

You're welcome Larry, please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.

Regards,

Shahid.

Shahid
Shahid
Shahid, Technician