TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I have a hole tv and would like to install Hulu .... How to

Customer Question
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
9/21/2015
TV Technician: Mike G., Technician replied 2 years ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Hello, my name is***** am an experienced electronics field technician connected to you via this pay for assistance chat based support service. Your satisfaction is my top priority and in return your positive rating is the only way I will receive credit for my time. To get started we need more information (additional details may be required):
1. What is the full model number of the Tv? see sticker on back of tv
2. Is this tv already connected to your home network/wifi? Or is there a streaming box/player connected to this tv that is?

___________________________________________________________________

** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear **

** Do NOT start a new question **

I have an LG Googgle tv and I'm try to install the Hulu app

To get started we need more information (additional details may be required):

LG 42HA6400

Is this tv already connected to your home network/wifi?

I stream Netflix and Amazon on this television without an external stick

Are you sure the model isn't actually 42GA6400 ?

Could be

would you be able to look at the sticker on the back of the tv?

Thanks. I am checking now and will be right back.

Please be patient and hold your replies.

Did you get the number correctly from the back of tevelvision?

yep. I am checking now and will be right back.

Are you located in the USA?

Have you checked that the Hulu Plus app is not already installed on the tv by going to the main app screen where all the apps are shown?

I'll check that now
I am in USA. I just checked --not there

I'm not able to find anything that will help you, but another tech here might be able to. I am going to open up your question to the other experts now. You don't have to do anything, another expert will take your question very quickly.

Will my money be refunded
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 2 years ago
Aric, Technician

Hello, and sorry you're having problems. My name is ***** ***** I am a different tech. According to LG, the TV should come equipped with Netflix,Hulu,Vudu,CinemaNow, and Yo stock. Can you tell me if all of the others (besides Hulu) are there?

Are you still with me here?

I have vudu, Netflix

Hmm, that's strange that the rest are not showing up. Please try scrolling left or right on the App screen and see if the rest of the apps are on another screen- are you able to try that?

I actually just checked and the LA6400 shows Hulu, but the GA6400 model (discontinued) does not. However there is an arrow (or should be) on the right side of your screen when you are on the APP screen. Can you see that and can you slide over to the next screen using the Arrow right, or the Magic remote?

Let me know, as it's possible this TV uses the older APP platform. If so- no worries, I do have a workaround. I just need to know what you see on the other screen for apps.

Cannot scroll

Are you able to see a white arrow on the right of your screen when you're on the APP section?

Press SMART on the Magic remote please then let me know what you see on the screen.

You may need to shake the remote left to right to wake it up.

I see a hite arrow on the main screen which can switch me through premium apps,3D world, you tube, smart share, my interest

Okay, and still no Hulu I presume. Sorry about that, this model is the older version and does not support Hulu- the newer LG's do. What you would need in order to get Hulu on this set would be an external box that will expand the app platform- like Roku. It will plug into the set using an HDMI cable, and you can then stream Hulu from that device onto the TV. The link below is to the device I'm referring to:

https://www.roku.com/products/roku-2

Once you have this setup, then you would add the Hulu channel at the following link:

https://channelstore.roku.com/details/2285/hulu

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click the 5 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.

Can you please make her my money is refunded since there was no resolution

I don't have anything to do with refunds or billing. You asked how to get Hulu on the TV and I provided that solution to you above. I'm not sure what else you were looking for?

I'm an independent tech working of my own time to help you, in the hopes of a rating which pays me a portion of your deposit for my time. You asked how to get Hulu on your TV- and we searched to find that it's not a "native" app on this model. So I provided you a workaround. A Roku box is around $50 and will give you Hulu as well as many other apps on your LG. Other than that, if you're saying you simply don't want to pay me for my efforts, then you would need to contact customer service from the home page- as I am not a site employee or billing agent.

Hello, I just wanted to follow up and see if you received the information you were looking for?

I understand what you are saying. If you will scroll back through your answers you said "you have no solution for me". Yes, you suggested I just go out and buy a Roko kit with is also around 50.00 and I've just flushed down the drain 50+ dollars on this service.

I SURELY never said I have no solution for you. If you could scroll up to where I said that, and point to where that is stated by myself (not Mike G.), then I will take a look. If you simply do not want to pay for my answer or my time- then contact customer service via the home page- not by replying here. Thank you.

Aric, Technician