TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I have Samsung TV, Model LA26D460E1HXXY. HAS POWER ON BUT NO

Customer Question
PICTURE OR SOUND PRESENT. RECEIVER...
I have Samsung TV, Model LA26D460E1HXXY. HAS POWER ON BUT NO PICTURE OR SOUND PRESENT. RECEIVER SENSOR. REACTS TO TV & REMOTE CONTROLS BUT NOTHING HAPPENS. SOUNDS INTERNAL WHAT DO I CHECK AFTER RECEIVER. I AM AN ELECTRICIAN & HAVE SOME KNOWLEDGE OF ELECTRONICS. DO YOU THINK IT IS A COMPONENT OR MAYBE JUST A DRY SOLDER JOINT??
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
9/21/2015
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 2 years ago
Aric, Technician

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'm an Independent Tech. Please send a reply back so that I know you're with me and can see my replies.

The Aric, I have received your reply.

Thank you. Can you please tell me what you're referring to as "WHAT DO I CHECK AFTER RECEIVER"? What receiver do you mean?

SENSOR for remote

Okay. What I need to know is this:

When you press power on the TV itself (not the remote), does the power light change as it should, and does the screen light up even for a second?

Red power on light flashes, then stays on, but no picture not even for a split second.

Okay I was asking if the screen lights up (backlights)?

No picture, but if you dim the lights in the room does the screen light up at all.

I doubt it, but will check. Hold on.

Okay, it's pretty important in troubleshooting to note.

Nothing at all. No Blacklight's. Doesn't sound good to me??

This rules out the Mainboard and points to the power board. You have a multi-meter I would assume?

go to find it, it been a while! Currently work for an electrical distribution company in New South Wales Australia as a high voltage major Connections (generators & large load customers) case manager on compliance issues. Megawatt man not milliwatts - ha-ha. It's 7.30am here & I have to get ready for work. If I leave this chat open can pick it up with you after work?

It's 5:20 pm where I'm at- I'm in the US. So when you get out of work I'll likely be sleeping. However if you know how to measure DC voltages (which it sounds like you do) then you will ground the black meter probe to the metal frame of the set, then set the meter to DC and probe the pins on the power supply board (voltages are stamped on the board) and see if the 5, 12 and 24 vdc outputs are present. If only the 5 is present- then you need to replace your mainboard. If the 5 and one other voltage are present- then replace the power board.

Yep, will do that, no probs. Can we leave chat open so I can get back to you at this time tomorrow morning

The chat stays open even once you rate- I can't close it and it's open for replies. So reply back when you can and when I see your reply, I will reply back- thanks!

Thanks Aric, all get back to you tomoz

You're welcome and sounds good.

Hello, I just wanted to follow up and see if you received the information you were looking for?

Aric, Technician