TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

My jvc flat panel tv seems to be stuck in device mode after

Customer Question
grandson randomly pressed buttons on...
My jvc flat panel tv seems to be stuck in device mode after grandson randomly pressed buttons on tv.. How can I fix this... Fyi there is not a remote for this tv
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
9/21/2015
TV Technician: Mike G., Technician replied 2 years ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Hello, my name is***** am an experienced electronics field technician connected to you via this pay for assistance chat based support service. Your satisfaction is my top priority and in return your positive rating is the only way I will receive credit for my time. To get started we need more information (additional details may be required):
1. What do you mean stuck in device mode? What is on the tv screen right now?

2. If you don't have a remote, how do you normally change the volume and power the tv on/off?

___________________________________________________________________

** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear **

** Do NOT start a new question **

Service mode. Tv cycles from a grey to black screen to different colored screens red,blue,etc. There are buttons located on the bottom of tv. That is how we power on the tv etc.

Have you already tried unplugging the tv POWER cord for at least 3 full minutes?

I do not use the phone call service but another tech may.

In the mean time, I am here with you via CHAT.

To proceed, reply back and tell me what happened after unplugging the tv power cord.

Mike G.
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician