Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Why will my remote not work? I can only get one channel.

Customer Question

Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Please elaborate- are you using a cable box with the TV?

How long have you owned it for and when did the issue occur?

Please reply back with details so we can sort this.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Do you need help with this?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

If you're using a cable/SAT/converter box of some sort- then the TV's remote will NOT change channels. You would instead need to use the remote that comes with the cable/sat/converter box.

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click the 5 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have it hooked to a cable box (time warner), I bought it in December, 2014, it happened once before, and then it was ok, I left it off for about 2 days, now it has been this way about 2 weeks.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Okay, when you're using a TW cable box- you're using the TW remote to change channels- not the TV remote.

What you will need to do is reboot the box by disconnecting it from power for 10 seconds and plugging it back in.

Also check that the batteries in the TW remote are good- and replace if necessary.

Once the box reboots, see if you can then change channels as normal.

If not, then simply contact TW and have them swap the box- as it's their owned equipment and they rent it to you monthly. They are under obligation to replace it at no additional cost when this type of problem occurs.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

If not, could you please click the 5 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts? It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I just wanted to follow up and see if you received the information you were looking for?