How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Nathan Your Own Question
Nathan, Installer
Category: TV
Satisfied Customers: 24484
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
Type Your TV Question Here...
Nathan is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need to replace the left padded ear piece on my wireless

Customer Question

I need to replace the left padded ear piece on my wireless head phone (for TV)
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Unfortunately, this part is simply not available. This is typical for this brand/product however. The rocketfish products are proprietary and not well supported. Even for a current model, they do not make parts available. If you were to have a problem under warranty, they'd replace the entire unit. Beyond that, and especially for an older (2009 model), there is no support for them.

You could try replacing the ear cup with a comparable part from another manufacturer of similar size, but the fit would not be perfect, and it would have to be attached with adhesive (such as silicone caulking) as the mount points won't align properly:

Based on the age of the system though, it is already past its expected service life, and you could expect a failure of the internal battery or transmitter base at any point now. With that in mind, it may make more sense to invest in a new system, getting an all new product with a fresh warranty and the ability to buy future parts when needed. If you'd prefer that route, I can recommend some options for you.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,