TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I have a tv/dvd combo. Model number ns-28DD31ONA15Rev.A

Customer Question
Serial No. 140328DUO25/6 My question is...
Serial No. 140328DUO25/6
My question is when I turn the tv on I scan to input; but the tv will not auto scan for channels. The tv lets me know which HMDI port is connected; but will not display a channel. If I take a few seconds to trouble shoot what is going on the tv goes to sleep mode. I am using DIRECT TV. They said it the tv.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
9/16/2015
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 2 years ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hello, sorry about you are having trouble with TV.

Was the TV working fine with same Directv box and recently got this problem?

If so, please unplug TV and cable box power cords from wall outlet, make sure the HDMI cable is plugged securely in TV and Directv box, replug power cords back in, turn them On, let Directv box boot up fully and check as this should bring the channel picture on TV.

Please reply back with the result.

Thanks.

All those things were done while talking to DIRECT TV on the phone.
Direct TV said the trouble is with the tv.

OK, lets test the TV with another video device/ source such as DVD or bluray, please connect it to HDMI input of TV, do you get DVD/Bluray picture on TV?

This way we will confirm that HDMI input of TV is working or not.

Hi there,

I wanted to briefly follow up with you and see how the info worked, and see if that accomplished what you were looking to do!

Please reply back here if there is additional questions.

Thank you.

Shahid
Shahid
Shahid, Technician