TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

My panasonic Plasma TV will not come on there is no

Customer Question
Hi my panasonic Plasma TV...
Hi my panasonic Plasma TV will not come on there is no power..thanks phil
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
9/16/2015
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 2 years ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello

Welcome

In every case where their is no power light lit and you are sure their is power reaching the set the back of the set will need to come off (set unplugged from the wall)and some checks carried out using a meter (volt\amps\resistance)this is just to verify if the powerboard is bad, are you able to do that yourself?if so please let me know I will provide more details, the most likely suspect as it stands now is the powerboard itself.

Please let me know if you can do work or need more info

A positive rating is appreciated there will be a rating band with this post, note the question remains open

Regards

Anthony

i can do that...Phil

That is good news, you will need to get the back off the set, and trace the power-cord to the power-board, now because you have no signs of life what so ever please find the fuse near where the power-cord goes into the board (set disconnected from wall-power) and with the meter set to ohms or continuity measure this fuse , if it measures near to 0.00 then its OK, if you read infinity (meter does nothing fuse has gone but please just report that back to me

Anthony

fuse ok there is continuity reading...

OK next check is a voltage one, so set the meter to about 300vdc, look on the power-board for the Vs or Vsus and Va voltage test points or it may be marked on one of the output plugs, switch TV on at wallpower and using the red probe black to metal chassis of the meter measure these voltages what are they?are they there?

Anthony

hi anthony sorry for the delay im trying to find the testing point on the board can't seems to find it..

Can you please re-check the model number on the back of the set I am not having any success with that one you supplied

Ok
i
It a Panasonic Plasma TV Model no TH-P42X3OZ Serial No QA1420490
July 2011 hope this helpsThanks Phil
The Power board Model No is B159-002

I am sorry but you are getting that model number wrong its not even coming up with a google search, please carefully re-check again believe me its in-correct and there are many models of these plasmas.....

Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician