TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

My LG37LC5DC1 DOESNT HAVE THE SETUP INPUT IN THE MENU. I

Customer Question
ORIGINALLY HAD FIOS TV BUT...
My LG37LC5DC1 DOESNT HAVE THE SETUP INPUT IN THE MENU. I ORIGINALLY HAD FIOS TV BUT DECIDED TO DISCONECT AND USE THE MOHU ANTENNA BUT THE TV IS NOT GIVING ME THE SCAN CHANNELS OPTION AT ALL WHAT SO EVER.. HELP PLEASE
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/16/2015
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 2 years ago
Aric, Technician

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'm an Independent Tech. Please send a reply back so that I know you're with me and can see my replies.

hey how you doing. hope u can help me

I'm good thanks- I'm looking to see how to get the TV back to factory defaults. Do you have the original LG remote?

I do

Thank you. The manual still has not completed downloading yet. Can you please press MENU on the LG remote and let me know what the options are?

aspect ratio
caption
clock
sleep timer
lock
audio
input source

I'm still trying to find where that Setup option is and in what MENU. This is bizarre but I'm sure it's just hard to locate.

Okay what Input is the TV set to right now?

it is
is on the tv input

Please change the Input to HDMI, and then press MENU. Let me know if you get any of the Video, Audio, etc. options please.

I have 2 lg tv and on my LG 28lg30-ua I'm able to do the scan but not on the model 37LC5DC1.. that's just strange

I understand. Please change the Input over to HDMI, and then press MENU, just to see if any different options show when on the HDMI Input.

same options, just that now, AUDIO is in grey

Hmm, okay. Your TV's actual MENU differs greatly from what the manual says it should be. Please disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself for 10 seconds and release. Wait a minute then plug the set back in and press power once. Then use the MENU button on the side of the TV itself and let me know what options you see please.

okay let me try it

Okay sounds good.

no change at all :-(

Okay, looking to see if there's another Manual for this TV. Please also scroll all the way to the bottom of the MENU options and see if there is another page after you hit the last option, then go down once more.

there is not another page at all. when it just says previous & it takes me no where

Okay sorry to hear that. It may take a bit of time, but I'm determined to find out how to run a scan on this set. If we are at an impasse- then a workaround is to purchase a $40 DTV converter box- connect to the TV's AV Inputs- then just use the LG Input button. The scan will then be run from the DTV converter box remote and software. If you'd like a link to that device- let me know. Otherwise I can keep digging for an alternative manual.

is okay, just give up ,cause I looked online and I ain't find nothing either. thought u guys might have a better luck since ya are techs. but no problem. thanks..
I guess I don't have to pay the remainder of the fee, since nothing was able to be done

Absolutely, and I setup TV's on a regular basis- I honestly have never seen a MENU without a Setup option. I know nothing about the fees on the site- independent tech here- not an employee. So you're all set and don't need a link to a DTV tuner?

na.i I will just go tomorrow to best buy and see how they can help me. thanks
Aric, Technician