Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I HAVE LG 62SX4D- I HAVE REPLACED THE BULB AND DMD BOARD AND

Customer Question

I HAVE LG 62SX4D- I HAVE REPLACED THE BULB AND DMD BOARD AND STILL HAVE BLINKING RED LIGHT 9 TIMES
Category: TV
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 years ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I would check the cooling fan for the bulb. If it is not running, an overheat condition might be detected - a red light can mean that.

Also if the lamp door is not closed fully, or if the switch that senses it is closed does not get closed, that may produce an alarm condition pointing toward the area of the lamp. Make sure every little thing, every detail, around the lamp, is quite correct (and of course, that other things aren't out of place, out of alignment, not quite right, etc., or you might unfortunately cure one blink code to get another blink code - a thing that does happen on occasion.)

And of course, examine all capacitors, for bulging, esp. at the top, or for leaking a sort of (usually yellowish) fluid. Replace any that look odd with exact value replacements.