Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

My SONIQ 50in PLASMA TV was playing up year or so but it was

Customer Question

My SONIQ 50in PLASMA TV was playing up for a year or so but it was tolerable i.e. At least once a day the TV would crash, the symptoms were a grainy screen with no picture resenbling an old analogue CRT that has no aerial and that loud white noise sound. Finally it finally died with just a black screen with no sound. The TV repairer go rid of the black screen/no sound symptom but it still crashed daily to the symptoms I described above. After advising him of the grainy no picture white noise and sound he picked it up and still has it claiming that it has been working perfectly for 3 weeks. I don't believe him. What should I do
Category: TV
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.

Hi there,

It is possible that these symptoms are due to fluctuations in your power supply, or the input device that you are using.

Try using the TV in another room, or at a different address if possible, and check for yourself if it still crashes daily when running from a different power supply source.