TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I have an lc52d92u with no sound. I am using regular jacks

Customer Question
and did a factory reset...
I have an lc52d92u with no sound. I am using regular jacks and did a factory reset. I also unplugged the tv for 2 minutes. Still no sound. What can you suggest?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/13/2015
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 2 years ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hello, I need bit more info about sound problem in TV.

- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?

Thanks.

The problem does occur on all video connection and the only thing connected to the TV is the bell fibe cable box

OK, what are you referring as 'regular jacks' in question?

Is TV connected to any sound system?

No sound system attached. just connected with yellow, red and white jacks

OK, please increase volume level by pushing volume up button on TV remote, does the volume bar display on screen and do you hear faint hiss from TV speakers?

The volume does increase but no sound or hiss

OK, it seems sound amplifier chip failure in TV that provide sound signal to speakers. Sound amp chip is located on main board of TV and either sound chip ins't getting working volts from power supply board or chip itself has got internal issue, it needs further troubleshooting to determine the bad board, if volts are available at sound output chip then main board of TV will need to be replaced to resolve the problem. Please check with following board supplier and ask for required board if they have it in stock..

http://www.shopjimmy.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=lc-52d92u

If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...

http://www.tvrepairpros.com/

I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,

Shahid.

How do I know which board I need?

Let me write down details and get back to you in 10 minutes.

Please check 13V DC at PH connector of power supply board with multimeter, if 13V is available then replace the board where sound amp chip is mounted, please check following link to view terminal board where sound processor chip is mounted which will help to locate it in TV..

http://www.shopjimmy.com/sharp-duntkd999fm05-terminal-unit.htm

There is square chip located on top right of board image which is sound processor chip and if 13V isn't available at power supply connector then swap the power supply board in TV, please check following link to view power board image..

http://www.shopjimmy.com/sharp-rdenca205wjqz-power-supply.htm

Regards,

Shahid.

Shahid
Shahid
Shahid, Technician