TVGURU
TVGURU, Technician
Experience:  15+ yrs in Consumer Electronics, Telecommunications, Computer, Voice & Data Industry
36856233

I have a 55" 3d tv. My batteries went out (were low) on my

Customer Question

I have a 55" 3d tv. My batteries went out (were low) on my remote, changed them and now the tv pic says stretch when I turn it on. Cannot adjust it out. Like now the Rangers playing on Ch 21 cannot read the stats on the left bottom.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.

Hello, I need bit more info to troubleshoot the problem.

What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?

Can you get me the model number off of your Panasonic TV?

These info will help to troubleshoot the problem and to assist you further.

Thanks.,

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Model# ***** It only started doing this when I changed the remote batteries. I have tried to go back to default settings and it still stays stretched. I tried all the aspect settings, like full, just, #1 , #2, even if I set it @ the smallest size 4.3, does not change!
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.

OK, how the TV get channel signals, through antenna or cable box?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
We have cable,
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.

OK, I assume it would be cable box and you use cable remote to change the channels, is this correct?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
But I used the Panasonic remote too try and fix it, as the manual said!
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.

OK, please find a button on cable remote labeled as HDzoon or Zoom or Wide or Aspect or Format etc, push it a few times to get correct size picture on TV.

Please reply back with the result and if problem resolved then a positive rating to answer would be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.

If cable box is sending out over size picture video signal to TV then TV aspect ratio button wont adjust it to fit it in screen.

Please reply back with the result of cable box remote button.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No, I have tried everything, both remotes and as you said to try zoom in and out. I turn the tv off and back on it shows top right screen for just I sec. stretch!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
When I replaced the batteries in the remote I never turn the tv off.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Problem is not resolved!
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.

OK, let try a different video source such as DVD player to TV to see if picture still appears stretched?

This test will help to narrow down the problem.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
You cannot tell on video or dvd player, because there is no words on either side of the pic.!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
If you cannot help me just say so and I will contact panasonic Monday!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Look I don't have all night, let me know something!
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.

I'm trying to help you, I asked in previous reply to try cable remote button to get change the picture size as TV remote will not work here and a DVD test would help to confirm if TV has got internal issue or connected video source is causing over size picture issue.

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.

Let me opt out to open the question for others on website so do not rate my replies and leave them as it is.

Thanks.

Expert:  TVGURU replied 2 years ago.

Hi there, let me see if I can assist. I completely understand that you were changing the batteries in the Panasonic remote and your TV aspect ratio went haywire. Is it happening on all channels or just this one channel? Although it seems unlikely, sometimes the Panasonic remote can be set up as a universal remote and perhaps that did something funky to your cable box settings too. Just to make sure I am clear, I have attached a diagram to make sure this is the button you pressed on the Panasonic remote. Could you confirm that please? Also, could you tell us what make and model cable box you are using? Understanding fully you did this during your battery swap, sometimes the cable box menu could have been impacted. Look for a settings button on your cable remote or a menu button or a setup that takes you into the cable box setup screen. Look for a video setting in those menus. Please let me know the answers to the above questions and I would be happy to work with you. If a phone call is easier we can arrange that too. Thank you, Michael.

Expert:  TVGURU replied 2 years ago.

Also, if you are sure this is a Panasonic issue, you can run the initial setup program again (as when you bought the TV) and it will walk you through a series of setup questions. Let me know if that resolves your issue. Thank you, Michael

You can repeat the First time setup

• Press MENU --> Setup --> First time setup