TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I have a 1080p Panasonic Plasma Model TH 50PZ700U that does

Customer Question
not have picture or sound...
I have a 1080p Panasonic Plasma Model TH 50PZ700U that does not have picture or sound. based on what I am reading it is the DG board. How do I test the board to be sure?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
9/13/2015
TV Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 2 years ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi

What all inputs have you tried?

I tried my cable box, the DVD player, and a direct line from my laptop with an HDMI I cord that I know works. My computer knows the TV is there because the screen briefly flashes like it is connecting. However, the picture does not appear on the TV.The TV screen does have some output capabilities because I can use the remote and see the set-up features. For example, HDMI1, HDMI2, etc.Any ideas?

Ok, so the on-screen menu works but you are not seeing a picture signal..

this does indicate a fault with the digital DG board.

The only sure way to test the board is to swap in another known good board.

Is there a way to pull the board and test it? Do you know a reliable supplier for such a board?Thanks

The board can be pulled and tested in another working set.

I have checked with several reputable suppliers and all are out of stock.

The only place I can find these boards at the moment is on eBay.

Ouch! That's a gamble with Ebay. Thanks for looking.
I see a lot of boards for the 42 inch version of my TV. Is it the same board?Thanks

There will be different revisions of the board, and they should all work, however if you check the exact part number on your existing board, then you can try and get an exact match if you prefer.

Pete, Electronic Engineer